Sunday, August 27, 2006

Have you ever reached a point where you feel like things have changed, maybe without even knowing it? There's not a certain event that causes it, you just one day wake up and realize you are not the same person you were a year ago. I have been feeling this way lately and it's a pretty nice feeling. I'm sure it does have to do with specific events to a degree, but more so i think it's to do with acting on the things i've been talking and thinking about. I've long thought that college is not for me. In this day and age it feels like either a pretty bold thing to think or a pretty stupid idea. From the time you're in junior high you're instilled by the public education system with the thought that college is not an option, school does not end when you graduate high school. If you do opt out of college it's the equivalent to signing up for mediocrity and poverty for the rest of your life. I wont' deny that there is a difference between people who finish college and those who don't. I will also say that the difference i see strengthens my feeling that it's not for me. Education is a wonderful thing but for many many people college has nothing to do with education. It has to do with receiving a piece of paper that says you're better than other people and deserveto be paid accordingly. In any event, the way the world works these days is that if you don't go to college you will have to fight your way to a decent living. So fight i will. My brother in law Chris and I are starting our own business, drywall taping-something we've gotten good at and feel confident in. In our minds it will be a launching pad to a future of starting other business and investing in things we believe in. Naive? Maybe. Risky? Yeah. This is where the action part comes in. I have one life and I can spend it doing what other people think and tell me I should do or I can do what I believe God wants me to do trusting that He has put in my heart desires that i should pursue. I tell you what, it's such a good feeling to take the next step towards a goal. Even if that goal is not yet a fully formed idea or picture any step in that direction feels so good. Following Jesus was and is a revolutionary idea and our lives should be revolutionary in a world that is so calculated. God save us from boring lives!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home